Our family is known for finding random and interesting things to do during the summer, so after being asked by several people where I find everything, I decided to blog about the places we find so others can experience the fun.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Niagara Cave

Location: Harmony, MN
Admission: Varies from $7-12 per person; kids 3 and under are free
Handicap Accessibility: Nope
Website:www.niagaracave.com

Niagara cave is one of those gems that I accidentally discovered one day while randomly searching the internet for things to do with my family for the summer. I was confused because I kept thinking it would be near Niagara Falls, which is not in Minnesota, but to my delight, it was just a couple of hours away from our home, so we packed a lunch and headed out! The cave is really neat, but if you are afraid of dark, enclosed, underground spaces, you probably shouldn't go. Also, wear real shoes, not sandals, because there are slippery and wet and sometimes muddy spots in the cave. One of the coolest parts of the cave is the underground waterfall. It is beautiful, and my son kept reminding me to be super careful not to drop my camera over the edge while taking a picture, lol. He's so cute. And another thing that was mentioned at the top of my post, it is not handicap/stroller accessible. You will be walking up and down lots of stairs. So if you bring a child who doesn't walk, be prepared to carry them. Anyway, here are a couple of photos from our trip:


The underground waterfall

A really cool rock formation in the cave
 
Another thing I should probably mention is that the guest shop is super cool, but definitely has a lot of breakables, so beware if you bring your kids. Oh, and there is a cool thing outside where kids can pan for gold. My boys thoroughly enjoyed doing that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will review it and make sure it is appropriate for my site before approving it. Have a great day!