Our family is known for finding random and interesting things to do during the summer, so after being asked by several people where I find everything, I decided to blog about the places we find so others can experience the fun.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Winchester Mystery House

Location: San Jose, CA
Admission: Varies depending on which tour you take
Handicap Accessibility: Nope...sorry.
Website: www.winchestermysteryhouse.com

 
So for my entire life, I have been intrigued by the story of Sarah Winchester and her crazy house. My mom always had books about the Winchester Mystery House, and I would sneak into her library and look at all of the pictures, hoping to someday visit and see the impossible rooms and random dead ends for myself. I longed to see the door to nowhere and the bathroom with no floor. Luckily for me, I had the opportunity to visit in 2005! Yay! It was amazing! Unfortunately, you can not bring strollers or wheelchairs on the tour, since the house wasn't built to accomodate those things, but if you feel like carrying your babies (we used a child carrier backpack), it is well worth it.
 
My son and me!

The staircase to nowhere...

Gorgeous Tiffany windows

The ballroom

A cupboard that opens up to a wall

The beautiful estate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I will review it and make sure it is appropriate for my site before approving it. Have a great day!