Our family is known for finding random and interesting things to do during the summer, so after being asked by several people where I find everything, I decided to blog about the places we find so others can experience the fun.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The World's Largest Holstein Cow

Location: New Salem, North Dakota
Admission: Free!
Handicap Accessibility: Definitely!

 
So originally I hail from Oregon, and several summers we have gone out there to visit family, and on the occasion that we are brave enough to drive (3 days), we drive through North Dakota to get there. A little ways before we reach Bismarck, we always see this enormous cow, and always stare, not blinking, until we have driven past it, sometimes even glancing in the rearview mirror for a while after we have passed it...Wow. So one year I felt a bit impulsive and was trying to impress my younger sister who was driving with me, and decided to stop and get a good picture of this mammoth cow!
Here's the view from the highway...
 



Seriously, holy cow!
 
My sister with the ginormous cow

 
I believe there were also a couple of picnic tables, but I can't completely remember because I was "udderly" distracted (okay, bad joke) by the cow. This is definitely something worth seeing in person!


2 comments:

  1. Ah, we've seen that cow so many, many times. Thanks for the closeup picture. We may need to stop and take the hike to the top next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to hike at all, which is awesome. You just drive up the hillside until you reach the base of the cow and there's a small parking lot to park your car so you can get out and see the cow.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I will review it and make sure it is appropriate for my site before approving it. Have a great day!